If you would like to advertise a job in the field of human evolution studies, please send a short plain text e-mail message to email@example.com.
Postdoctoral Fellowship (2 years) | University of Calgary
Institution: University of Calgary
Department: Biological Sciences/Anthropology and Archaeology
Location: 2500 University Drive NW, Calgary, AB T2N 1N4
Duration:August 15, 2017 - August 14, 2019
Salary (including benefits): Year1: $41,000 / Year2: $42,000
Supervisors:Dr. Julio Mercader Florin
Theme: Petrographic analysis in archaeology: lithics, and soil micro morphology.
Challenges: Issues of provenance, characterization, and taphonomy.
Novel applications to residue analysis and use-wear welcome. M/p>
• A PhD and expertise in one or more of these areas:
1) Geo-archaeology, 2) Paleosols, 3) Use-wear analysis
• research proposed in the Postdoctoral Fellowship application must be distinct from, or add to the application’s doctoral thesis
• not hold a tenure or tenure-track faculty position
• not have already received a postdoctoral award from SSHRC, NSERC, or CIHR
• be motivated and organized self-starter, who can work with minimum supervision in a laboratory environment
• be able to supervise and educate less-experienced co-workers and work effectively in a team
• have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Successful candidates will be subject to standard pre-employment screening including right-to-work, proof of identity and references
• The University of Calgary as well as SSHRC are equal opportunity employers, therefore candidates will be chosen through open competition regardless of their age, disability, gender, race, national origin, religion, or sexual orientation
• Applicants should submit their curriculum vitae, cover letter, and contact information for three referees. Short-listed applicants will be required to provide two letters of recommendation. Please submit application packages to Sara Hormozinejad (firstname.lastname@example.org).
March 31, 2017