**Note** You must first register for the meeting before submitting an abstract.
Please be aware of the following criteria for the evaluation of abstracts:
- Abstracts must be in English and have a strict minimum and maximum character limit (minimum 2000 characters, maximum 4000 characters, with spaces).
- Each first author can submit only one abstract.
- We discourage simultaneous podium (including Pecha Kucha) and poster presentations by the same group of authors on a similar topic.
- We strongly encourage Pecha Kucha presentations (see below).
- Abstracts lacking in substance may not be accepted. All abstracts should have a clear description of the research with mention of methods and results.
- Abstracts are evaluated using a peer-review, graded scale. Normally all papers are reviewed by 2-4 reviewers per subfield using a quantitative ranking. The top ranking papers are selected for podium presentations.
- For podium presentations, including Pech Kucha, the significance statement is an important part of the review process. Please distill into a few short sentences for a human evolution scientist outside their particular field of specialty why this presentation is important.
- Accepted presenters will be notified in June.
- Due to time constraints, only a limited number of podiums presentations will be accepted. Therefore some authors not accepted for podium talks will be offered the option of presenting a poster.
Student Pecha Kucha and Poster Prizes
We have up to 3000€ available for student poster and Pecha Kucha prizes. To be considered for a prize you must first submit your abstract via the online system, and check the box which states “Enter the student poster or Pecha Kucha prize”. If a poster, a PDF must be uploaded on our web site (see Upload link) by in order to be evaluated. **Please Note** To qualify as a student, participants must not have completed their PhD before the abstract submission deadline.
Pecha Kucha Session
The ESHE meeting includes presentations following the Pecha Kucha format. These have become very popular. The Pecha Kucha presentations are strictly limited to 6 minutes and 40 seconds, and they must contain exactly 20 slides. To make this work smoothly, we require that the slides be uploaded on our web site (see Upload link) no later than . The ESHE Organizers will then set the slides to display for exactly 20 seconds each. We do not re-distribute or retain the presentations after the meeting. For more information on Pecha Kucha format, please visit: http://www.pechakucha.org/
Abstract Submission Form
We are sorry, but ESHE abstract submission closed on April 27, 2017.